The Black March Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black March Forums

Welcome to the World of Warcraft Black March Forums.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This guild...

Go down 
+2
Rivalen
Nocturne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturne

Nocturne

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:47 am

I was among the first people to start this guild, although i couldn't do much to contribute I've tried hard to.
I have been through many problems with this guild that most people could not put up with such, such as the guild being robbed, Alphashot being a jerk,guildies leaving, and raid anguish. I know raiding can be extremely frustrating but the only way we'll get better at it is if we try. When guildies leave because of problems caused by other guildies it makes me extremely sad. Some People leave this guild because other guilds are farther ahead than this 1 is currently and this guild is awesome and I don't know why this happens. Ive seen alot of people leave and ive seen alot of problems caused and raids failed... but u know what? I'm still here and im hoping that all of you who read this will keep trying and help each other out. Professions.......this is a big problem... i know alot of people need cash but the guild needs gear from you artisans. Now my dad has noticed that people ignore both of us in guild chat and ive learned to cope with it because u guys are busy half the time. My dad and I both agree on not giving out bags,gear,and thread to u guys because i never got the help i needed. Im a very forgiving person and i can't hold grudges for more than a day (except for alphashot) and ill happily give gear to you using my own money but I need some things too and when the time comes ill call in the favor. Now i don't want any who read this to start saying that I'm half of the problem because i know theres been problems with me too and im aware of that. Im 13 and trying to stop that. people are getting angry at Fogel and Rivalen with this raiding thing and they have alot on their minds. They have to start the raids, put em on grp calendar, monitor the site, see if evry1 is ok and handle other guild affairs. Now when people start getting angry at them I'd like to see them do what Fogel and Rivalen are doing. Being guildmasters isn't easy and ive seen this, They don't need the extra drama ok? I would also appreciate it if no one talks to me about my spec. This is because ive played my spec since lvl 10 and im happy with it. I can try to take some advice from officers but don't get down on my spec k? There are some people who I won't name ( Tainment) that insult me and swear. I feel no one should be treated this way and if you treat me and other people with respect you will get it back. Now I know that you're thinking that this is really long but I had to say it sometime and i feel now is fine. Alot of people have left because of this and I Figured out why i am in this guild. I am in this guild to try to play this game and being in this guild is helping immensely. All of you are great players....Better than I would ever hope to be, ur tanking is superb, u rock the top of the Dps meters, and u guys never miss a heal when u need it most. I need to say this because alot of people are leaving and alot of people are getting angry. Now if we pull through this it will be a miracle but i can only tell u guys what ive seen.....u are the only ones who can change this and make this guild into a respectful,hardcore, awesome guild And if we let raids beat us then what is a raiding guild good 4? Evry1 should be seeing what went wrong with evry encounter and we will find the problem, fix it, and OWN THE BOSSES. Srry this is REALLY LONG but i just hope most of you can take this and learn from it. My apologies to tainment cause i know ur a cool guy and a awesome tank but the swearing man plz stop. one last thing STOP THE MOMMA JOKES AND SEXUAL REMARKS PLZ! AMEN.
Back to top Go down
Rivalen
Admin
Rivalen

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:12 am

Nocturne wrote as elegantly and precise a post as a 13 year old can write. It is a LOT of work being a GM and trying to make things happen. I do not personally get that mad when we don't down bosses. My biggest complaint is this: I only have so much time in a day. I spend a LOT of that time farming for the guild, organizing events, starting raids, administering DKP, building and dispensing the guild bank, recruiting, and all the other behind the scenes administrative stuff that no one else has to worry about. I do this because it needs to be done for a solid guild to function. There are so many times when I abandoned things in RL to be there for this guild so that a Karazhan run can happen, or a disgruntled officer can be temporarily relieved of duty, or a drama session can find conflict resolution. My left shoulder may never be the same for all the smacks that Kim has administered to it for me sitting in the office working on our guild when she wants my attention.

What I'm getting at is, I don't expect perfection, I expect the effort. I want to make the most of the few hours of 25 man raiding we have scheduled each week so that we can continue to progress. It's very disheartening to schedule SSC at 7pm expecting my first pull at 7:30, only to still be in the raid formation stage by 8:30. It's upsetting to constantly have to wait for individuals who went AFK or missed buffs or weren't listening to the boss fight explanation. And it's really really REALLY upsetting when the raids fall apart after only a few attempts on a boss. 25 man raids are supposed to last a minimum of 5 hours. I realize that real life will interfere, but we use Group Calendar so that everyone can see exactly when things are scheduled and plan around doing homework, working, chores, buttering up parents to stay on late, and everything else that needs to happen. It's hard enough just to assemble 25 man raids with over 80 different people in our guild who do not attend frequently enough, but after all that effort, and not downing anything, and then having people decode there are better things to go do (and yes Fogel and I have caught people who claim they have to leave standing around shat and PvPing, etc), the raid falls apart early and my hours of planning, farming, scheduling, anticipating, and everything else that goes along with being a leader feel somewhat wasted. Please help me make this a successful guild by showing up on time and staying the entire length of the raid!
Back to top Go down
https://theblackmarch.forumotion.com
Mtn
Officer
Officer

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:08 pm

I agree with what your saying, especially the "Mom jokes".

One thing you should consider though when people talk to you about your spec. It directly affects the results of the entire raid if you're not able to DPS at the same level as the other players in your class. That few % points of DPS from one person will directly impact the raids ability to down a boss or for us to progress as a guild. From a Warlock perspective, if your spec isn't correct your dots won't tick and do as much damage as we need. If it means the difference between bringing someone with a specific spec/gear that will dish out the DPS or someone that does mediocre DPS, Guilds have made the choice to replace the lower DPS players with someone that is better geared with a higher DPS spec. We are at the point now that we will need to do this. I doubt that you will find a Black Temple guild that would take someone with mediocre DPS on their raids. They have specific builds and gear requirements their players need to meet.

So, I would recommend you consider what they are saying. They are trying to help you so that you will meet the needs of the guild and continue to participate in the raids as a valued contributing member.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:50 pm

I know what you're saying but I like my spec ALOT and i know some of you had to give up your spec to do better in raids but I'm working on mine to be half what i want and half what the guild wants. It is hard enough for me to even do that.
Back to top Go down
Cowdung

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:32 am

Your spec right now is fine. Affliction deals the most sustained damage before BT gear. All you need is a few seconds here and there on spell casting and a quick eye on renewing your dot's that wear out. I'm sure you've read my posts in our section. They have helped me a lot in my dps.

About helping guildies, personally, I don't think it's a good idea to give away free expensive stuff, especially when they come from your own pocket. People need to farm for their own mats. As for as I know, profession crafting for guildies is free. Maybe a primal or two can be helpful but that's where I'd draw the line. You dont 'wanna get committed to someone that may very well not return the favor or leave the guild the next day (like past events) Just my 2cent there.
Back to top Go down
vrar

vrar

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:15 am

Can someone provide the "cliff notes" for the A.D.D. among us? I got through 3 sentences of Nocturnes "run-on" paragraph and got bored. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Bashe

Bashe

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:35 am

Vrar, how about a little respect for Nocturne?
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventuresidebyside.com/adam/
Sponsored content

This guild... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This guild...   This guild... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This guild...
Page 1 of 1